The Green Scheme is an independent environmental performance indicator for UK inland waterways commercial and services operators to demonstrate their environmental performance for elements including on air quality, carbon, energy, water quality, litter, and waste.
Aim of the scheme:
- To demonstrate the environmental benefits of Thames operations; and to recognise the early adopters of new technologies and/or fuels that will reduce emissions to air;
- To help customers and businesses pick “green” transport options that suit their needs and values;
- To allow stakeholders to demonstrate their corporate social responsibility, drive environmental performance and promote sustainable business through joining the scheme as incentive providers.
Find out more
- Why we’ve launched the Thames Green Scheme
- How the Green Scheme works
- Operators: Submit your corporate information
- Incentive Providers: Get involved